The Elite Sports Pathway – a passion fulfilled
Parkdale Secondary College is renowned for its sporting achievements. The Elite Sport Pathway (ESP) provides a platform for students to follow their passion while undertaking a well-rounded and rigorous academic program.
Sport is one of the many areas where student talent can shine. We currently have over 320 students enrolled in seven different sports: AFL, Basketball, Golf, Netball, Soccer and General Athletic Development.
To develop life-long educated athletes.
To be a sporting program that provides elite practices that allow our students to reach their full potential as athletes, both physically and mentally.
- Challenge: Trying new things, working outside one’s comfort zone, willingness to be uncomfortable for growth and development
- Respect: Respecting, one’s body, one’s coaches, program equipment and venues
- Resilience: The ability to be able to bounce back after a bad session, day at school etc. Also being able to work through activities/skills that they find difficult and keep persisting with them.
- Sportsmanship: Looking out for each other and working well with your team/group.
- Commitment: Being committed enough to attend all sessions, and focused on every session.
ESP athletes are expected to demonstrate these values at all times. ESP operates on two mornings each week from 7:15 to 8:15 am for all ESP students.
For more information: