International Students at Parkdale Secondary College are well cared for from the moment they arrive in Melbourne.
Our staff collect them from the airport and deliver them to their homestay. We pride ourselves on the level of care and support our students are offered.
The International Student Coordinator oversees the wellbeing, academic progress, course counselling and behaviour of our International students. This support includes connecting them with community organisations, obtaining part-time employment, and managing Homestay relationships.
The International team includes:
- an Administrator who supports students with paperwork and homestay
- an EAL Coordinator and teachers who encourage and support our overseas students across all their subjects
- staff who are fluent in Chinese, Vietnamese, Japanese and French across the school
- local Australian homestay families, who are carefully chosen by the school and monitored to ensure they meet all requirements
- a Careers Coordinator who is trained in advising overseas students on university applications and choices
- a Student Wellbeing Team, included a visiting Chinese-speaking psychologist, to look after the wellbeing of our International students
- a Deputy Principal who oversees the program and is responsible for the guardianship of students who are in homestay and living with friends.
Our homestay families are selected and overseen by our International Student Team.
We build close relationships with these families to ensure they feel part of the school community and are connected with your child’s school life.
Many of our homestay families have been involved with our International Program for many years and have students who continue to live with them when they commence their university studies.
We have rigorous processes for ensuring that we only select families who will provide the best care and support for our students.
We encourage our local community to make further enquiries about becoming a Parkdale Secondary College homestay family.
Mrs Melissa Treverton
Mrs Christine Braybrooke
International Student Coordinator
School: 03 95806311 (intl +613 95806311)
Parkdale Secondary College Department of Education and Training CRICOS Provider Code: 00861K
Useful Links for International Students
- Essential facts for International Students: International education: ensuring quality and protecting students
- Public transport information
- Information about Melbourne/Victoria
- Information about Australian culture and customs
- Legal services for young people
- Legal aid
- Consumer protection
- Safety on the Roads
- General Healthcare
- Health and Safety